Computer to 5.1 system

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattFewins, Feb 15, 2003.

1. MattFewins

MattFewins Auditioning

OK, here's my attempt to explain this. I have a Soundblaster Audigy with a multichannel output (my motherboard also has one). It is the same as a normal speaker output, a single composite output. Now I am wondering if there is a cable that is single rail composite on one end and an optical output on the other end, so I can plug it straight into my surround sound reciever. If not, what is the part I would have to buy from Creative to be able to hook the computer to the sound system?

Thanks,
    Matt

---Ok, I quick scroll down the topics revealed a similar topic, but they talk about outputing to two RCA cables. Would Radio Shack sell a similar cord, but with optical out on the other end?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    We have a dedicated area of the forum for just such questions. I am moving this to the Computer/HTPC area.

3. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

no you'd have to have an optical output to get an optical signal at the end of the line, if you have an audigy and you dont want to use a coax in on your reciever order the live drive it has optical out on the front.