Computer speaker set-up for music help?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jeremiah, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Jun 22, 2001
    Hello everyone. First, I have very little knowledge of computers and the extras that are out there so I would appreciate if you guys could give me some speaker set-up advice.

I don't have a stereo in my room anymore and want to play music through my computer only.

I want flush mount ceiling speakers that I can hook-up to my computer, looking for 6 1/2" speakers. I just finished scraping my ceiling in my bedroom and want to put some ceiling speakers in before I texture.

I had 2 small computer speakers that I tried to wire to my old stereo speakers that I have but I can only rewire one of them together, I have to use the other small one because it is hardwired(?) to the outlet and hard drive.

Do they even make flush mount computer speakers? Or do I have to get creative with the wiring, using home theater speakers and my existing computer speakers?

Do I need a soundcard(or is it soundboard?)?

Any help would be great, thanks.
  2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

Jan 8, 2003
    I would go with a traditional home theater and then just connect your computer to the reciever either by means of Multi-channel input or digital (coax / optical).