What's new

Computer Remotes? (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know where I can get a remote with an IR Receiver that plugs in either the COM/LPT/USB port for my PC? I saw somewhere on WinAmp's website some plug-ins that will let you program a remote to control the play/pause/next/prev and some playlist navigation. Since I plugged my PC in my HT Receiver, I would like to use that and be able to switch songs from the couch (Making my universal remote learn the codes)

I went to most major computer stores in my area, and they have no clue.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
There is a whole fourm dedicated to computer-based home theater systems. I'll move this posting over there. :)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Anyone?

I know the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 5.1 has that built into the 5 1/4 Bay unit that goes with it. But what about a stand-alone IR Reciver that goes into COM/LPT/USB?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The new ATI Remote Wonder looks like it'll do just what you want:
Link Removed
I think they just made this available separately-it's the same one that they're including with the AIW 8500 DV.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
The ATI one is RF too.

I've never used one to give you any ideas, but I think sometimes those Winamp plugins have recommendations in their readme's or on their websites.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Go do a search on irman, or if you're comforable with a soldering iron, the UIR.

For software, girder is a good general purpose one. I use Remote Selector with my DXR3 software.

Or grab the X10 mouse remote.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Thanks Chris for the ATI recommendation. Do you know how much this is? I just need to locate a dealer that carries it. Is it RF only or is it RF/IR hybrid? Because I'd like to program my Kenwood VR-509's remote to operate the computer when the DVD/6ch source (The one that has the sound card output connected into) is selected.

But this is probably the best thing for my dad because there is no direct path for an IR signal to go from his living room to his PC. Now all he needs is a A/V Transmitter for his PC/DVD to his living room TV (But that, I will ask elsewhere - probably the speakers section).

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I just got an Audigy Platinum EX - anyone know if you can do this with an Audigy - would be kinda cool

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks