What's new

Computer modem keeps on dialing... (1 Viewer)

ReneA

Agent
After I shutdown my browser, (IE or Netscape) and disconnect my modem from the internet, I walk away and the modem automatically dials up again and again no matter how many times I cancel it. Does anyone know how to fix this prob? Thanks in advance...R.:angry:

One of the thing's you might want to check is to see is if you don't have a program that only runs on the internet running when you are about to disconnect.
Sometimes these programs after the internet connection has been disconnected might try to dial out.
I had a similar problem with AIM after I installed it. Everytime i disconnected, AIM would try to connect by itself. So the only way I could stop it from connecting would be to close the program before or after I had disconnected.
I hope this helps, I know it is not much information, but if you still have questions. I'm sure other's can give you a better solution. :D

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Also, run a virus scan with up-to-date virus definitions. You could have a virus or worm trying to email itself out from your computer.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks