1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Computer messes up convergance

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NateF, Sep 27, 2001.

1. NateF

NateF Stunt Coordinator

OK, so I've had my ECP4101 for a while now, but I've never gotten around to hooking it up to my computer (been watching TV & DVD through a DVDO) and that works fine. But last night I decided I wanted to watch the Lord of the Rings trailer on my projector, so I plugged my laptop into the projector... and the convergance is way off. Almost like watching it in 3-d. What's up with that? It should be almost identical to the feed coming out of the DVDO, right?
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    -Nate

2. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

How are you connecting the devices to your projector? If you are using a different input on your projector for your laptop chances are it just hasn't been converged yet. Many displays have different color and convergence settings for each input. I can't think of any reason your computer could mess up convergence.
    ------------------
    Crash
    "I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

3. Abdul Jalib

Abdul Jalib Stunt Coordinator

4. Neil T

Neil T Auditioning

I have an ECP 3100 hooked up to my PC and I can tell you that the convergence needs adjusting for every different refresh rate and resolution. Are you familiar with programming the muti-channel inputs in the ECP's menu, if not hit HELP and go to option 4 and follow the instructions. Once you have assinged another channel preset to the PC you can re-converge the PC without messing up your settings for the DVDO.
    ------------------
    Neil.
    The only bad opinion is no opinion.