What's new

Computer messes up convergance (1 Viewer)

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so I've had my ECP4101 for a while now, but I've never gotten around to hooking it up to my computer (been watching TV & DVD through a DVDO) and that works fine. But last night I decided I wanted to watch the Lord of the Rings trailer on my projector, so I plugged my laptop into the projector... and the convergance is way off. Almost like watching it in 3-d. What's up with that? It should be almost identical to the feed coming out of the DVDO, right?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
-Nate

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
How are you connecting the devices to your projector? If you are using a different input on your projector for your laptop chances are it just hasn't been converged yet. Many displays have different color and convergence settings for each input. I can't think of any reason your computer could mess up convergence.
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Neil T

Auditioning
I have an ECP 3100 hooked up to my PC and I can tell you that the convergence needs adjusting for every different refresh rate and resolution. Are you familiar with programming the muti-channel inputs in the ECP's menu, if not hit HELP and go to option 4 and follow the instructions. Once you have assinged another channel preset to the PC you can re-converge the PC without messing up your settings for the DVDO.
------------------
Neil.
The only bad opinion is no opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks