Computer Cables and CPU Fans

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Adam Sanchez, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Hey all. I'm looking for some online sites for good quality and prices on 2 things: I need a site that has good computer cables, like round IDE Cables, and I also need a really good (and quieter!) CPU Fan/Heatsink for my LGA775 Pentium 4. (My fan sounds like a vacuum cleaner!)

Thanks
    adam

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

3. Adam Sanchez

Thanks. Any recommendation for a LGA775 Fan that cools well and is quiet or at least quieter than what I have now? My CPU runs at about 60C under load right now with the crappy stock Intel Fan.

4. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

www.newegg.com look for a zalman HSF unit, they make the quietest cpu coolers around.

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

6. Adam Sanchez

Thanks guys. I will give some of these ideas a try. I am looking for quiet and cool so Zalman sounds good.

Does anyone like Thermaltake here though? They have a fan not yet out I dont think called the Silent 775. It was my first choice, but its not out. I wanted a fan like the Zalman, some of those cooling towers look too big, I would be afaid of them tipping my system or breaking my board. The silent tower Tt LOOks cool though... but damn.

I need something soon though, my fan is too loud. I know its doing its job but I have a dustbuster in my computer it sounds like. I got some new case fans and cable ties last night along with some round cabling. Im gonna get my wires neatened up inside tonight.

7. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

thermaltakes are generally very noisy, and cheaply made. I like to use thermalright heatsinks with Vantec stealth fans myself. hehe it wont break your board, thats kinda tough to do
    they are designed to handle the heatsinks weight.

8. Adam Sanchez

I cant find an eseller with the zalman in stock. I think that 775 model is rather new. there also seem to be a few versions and Im not sure if I want the Alcu or cu... or what the difference even if. One site, frozencpu, was selling the heatsink and asking $10 for a mounter for the 775. I thought it came with all you need to mount it on a 775 chip? Confused...

9. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Al = aluminum & copper
    Cu = All copper

All copper is best for cooling but costs more. Mainly for overclockers but more cooling never hurts gamers either.

I did some research on the clip thingy and I think you can use the older model 7000 HSF's with a 92mm fan on the 775 chips with this clip. The new 7700 with the 120mm already comes with the needed clip.

Newegg seems to be sold out of the 7000 series for Intels and don't carry the 7700 yet. : There's always www.pricewatch.com + www.resellerratings.com

10. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Hardware Cooling is great for round cables, and fans. Their cables are very good from what I hear, and I plan on getting several of them once I get my computer built.

11. Adam Sanchez

I have never bought a better CPU for my CPU but I finally have the money so I am bumping this thread to get some more advice.

I am still not sure which Fan I want. I heard the new Zalman 7700 is very good, but a notch below the Thermaltake or Thermalright... whatever it's called Heatpipe one. I have an Abit AS8 MoBo and I read on Zalman's site that I need to change my NB Fan to use thier CPU cooler. I know if I wanna fool with that... so any more suggestions appreciates. I would love to find a site that has reviews of the best LGA775 coolers.

12. Adam Sanchez

My Silent 775 fan came today but did not come with installation instructions! :-/ I tried Thermaltake's website but they don't have it on there... anyone know where I could find some install instructions for it?