1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer audio running slow

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Gary.H, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Gary.H

Gary.H Stunt Coordinator

I have a pc I'm trying to use with my ht system. Every audio file (music, wav files) is running slow like it's a tape recorder with low batteries. Any idea of how I can fix this? Is it the hard drive running slow or maybe the power supply? I transfered some of the music to another pc and those files sound fine so it's a hardware problem with this pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gary.

2. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

If you're using Windows Media 10:

View - enhancements - play speed settings.

3. Gary.H

Gary.H Stunt Coordinator

It's all audio files though. all the windows beeps and other files are run like a couple octives low. It's a windows me machine(will go to xp if the computer will work) with all the updates.

4. a_ron

a_ron Auditioning

Aaron
    I'm having the same issue. I have an LG SmartTV, Denon AVR-1713 receiver, PS3 and Roku Stick. I first had this issue with my older Roku and thought it was because the device was old. Now, I'm not convinced. The weird part is that the audio on the SmartTV apps works just fine and it's going thru the same HDMI cable to the receiver. But the PS3 and Roku both have this slow audio thing. All of the devices have the latest firmware and there are no network bottlenecks. I'm really at a loss.