What's new

Computer 4 Sale: Priced to sell fast! AMD 1.2Ghz, DVD, CDR-RW,WD 40GB,128MB RAM:$425! (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Computer 4 Sale!
Specs:
Motherboard: Asus A7VE
Processor: AMD Athlon 1.2GHZ (T2 Thunderbird) with Cooler Master Fan
Hard Drive: Western Digital 40 GB w/ Hard Drive Cooling Fan Insert
Toshiba DVD-ROM Drive
Sony CD-R/RW Burner
Memory: 128 MB RAM (1 stick)
Video Card: Diamond Viper V770 AGP 32MB (Riva TNT2)
Sound Card Creative Soundblaster Live! (Gold) w/ Live! Drive
Modem ESS E556H PCI Data/Voice/fax 56k Modem
Power Supply: 235 Watt Power Supply
Floppy Drive
4 USB Ports, 2 Printer/Parallel Ports
Rear Exhaust blower fan
Mouse and Keyboard Included!
This computer was built by me over the past 2-3 years. It would be a great 2nd or 3rd computer for your home or for some it would even be a good computer to use as a primary computer. The motherboard, CPU, and SoundCard are all new hardware that I installed this past year (2002).
The installed operating system is WINDOWS XP: But I do not have any Windows XP CD to give you at all. Sorry!
I will provide all the driver CD's, disks, etc. that I have...and will be sure to include any and all documentation for the motherboard that I have.
I will reformat the computer and get it ready like it's brand new before shipping it out.
The case it comes in is pretty generic. Nothing special. But everything inside works A-OK with no known problems whatsoever. I cannot guarantee that you will have trouble-free computing (who can!) ,so these items are not returnable and are sold as is only. But I can tell you, I have had no problems with it at all. I just need some extra cash right now (buying a home!). This computer is an extra one now (we bought a new laptop 3 months ago) and I rarely use it.
I'm asking for $375.00 and this includes free shipping (double-boxed!) (USA ONLY!) via UPS or Fed Express.
At this price, even if you wanted to part this computer out for certain pieces of hardware to use - you could probably make your money back by doing so and selling the remaining pieces to someone else (ebay?). I just don't have the time right now to do this...so I'm trying to sell it off ASAP!
I'm a MASTER TRADER here on the HTF with a +33 rating.
Here are a couple pictures I took of the Computer:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I would be glad to help in any way I can.
[email protected]
Thanks
P.S.
If you are interested in a Monitor for this computer (or any another) I have a Sony 15" Monitor that I can sell also for $100 with Free Shipping. The monitor is about 3-4 years old but is in perfect condition and light purple in color (Sony VAIO style). I have the original box also. NJote: Monitor will be sold only if the computer is sold.
[email protected]

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Would love to do this, however when you convert to Canuck Bucks plus border fees, it doesn't make as much sense esp when I don't NEED another computer. This is a VERY good deal for those stateside.
Good luck Michael.
btw, moving AGAIN? still looking for the perfect home theater house in Washington are ya? :)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Paul
Yes, Moving again indeed!
We are putting an offer down (tonight in fact!) on a new house that is being built in nearby Puyallup, WA.
The floorplan includes a bonus room on the lower level of the home....and this would probably become my new HT once we get settled in. The room is kinda small...but it will be sufficient....for now anyway. There is also a bedroom that I can use (if I knock a wall out!) that would make the bonus room even better. I may just have to do that! My wife won't be happy though! :angry:
BTW: Computer is still avaialble - but I have had lots of interest. Keep it coming! Thanks!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Good for you Michael. It seems you've been moving a lot lately haven't you? Didn't like Tacoma? Are you moving for work?

That bonus room sounds like a perfect spot for a theater, and on the lower level is even better - not near the bedrooms. I'm sure you'll be picking up some new equipment as well to go with your new room. Let us know when you put up your older stuff for sale!!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks Paul!
We have moved alot lately - from Turkey (yes THE COUNTRY) to Mississippi and now to Washington state. Most of my moves have been forced, due to the fact that I'm in the military (Air Force) and I have no real choice when it comes time for a new assignment. I plan on seperating from the military in 4 years (when my current enlistment is up) and we were just wasting all kinds of money renting an apartment (~$1100 month), so we thought we might as well get a home and pay just a few hundred dollars more a month and be alot better off in the long run (equity, tax benefits, and the fact the the government is paying me $$ for housing the next 4 years).
The past year in the Tacoma area has been fine...no real big complaints anyway. The area we live in isn't the greatest, but our apartment is very nice. We are moving from Brookdale Road (near Spanaway:frowning: ) to Puyallup sometime this winter.
The offer on the new house was accepted yesterday (minus a few of the "wants" we had listed on the purchase contract though), but I believe we are going to accept the seller's counter-offer tonight or early in the morning on Friday.
Most of my gear is pretty new - so I doubt I'll be selling any of it for the new home anytime soon. Don't hold me to that statement though :)
BTW, the Computer and Monitor are both still available!
$375.00 Shipped for the computer
$475 shipped for the computer and monitor!!!
[email protected]
Thanks!~

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Kevin
No thanks on your offer at this time. We just purchased a new home and I'm trying to get rid of some stuff instead of getting more :)
Thanks again for your offer though!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The monitor is no longer available for sale. I have decided to go ahead and keep it. It costs too much $$ to ship it :)
The computer, is still avaialble!
And, for those who purchase it today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday) - I'll throw in another stick of SDRAM (128MB) with the deal!!!
$375 shipped!!!!!
(Computer only - No Monitor) w/ free extra stick of SDRAM (128MB) included!~
[email protected]

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
To help Mike get this PC sold, I will add a new 40 gig hard drive and another stick of 128mb SDRAM to the deal if it sells quick. I've been too lazy to install this drive so its been sitting around since I bought it.

I have had a few transactions with Mike and he is very honest. I'm sure this pc is a great unit and would perform flawlessly. I live not to far from Mike and would send out the drive to the person who buys his PC.

Lets get this thing sold people. I remember having to come up with closing costs and other fees to buy my house.
I'm sure there are some out there who were in the same boat.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Wow Chuck! Thanks for your help...you certainly didn't have to do this at all!
I hope you are doing well Chuck - I hadn't seen any posts from you recently, so I was beginning to wonder about you and what you were up to these days!
I'm almost tempted to buy this from myself actually :)
Especially since Chuck is throwing in another 40 GB HD and another stick of RAM!!!! :)
Thnaks again Chuck!
You are invited to check out my HT room (once I get it set up) in our new home. Just shoot me an email and dinner and a movie is on me.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Wow Chuck I am impressed! :emoji_thumbsup:
Here is a link to the mother board.
Even though it only has two dimm slots,
I am sure someone could use the extra ram in another machine they may have.
Asus A7V-E

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
Well,
I got a fantastic deal on that Home Entertainment center I bought from Mike last year. The big Wood one he was selling. What I paid for it, was less than a simple Stereo rack that I was going to purchase just to hold a few pieces of audio gear. What I bought from Mike would have cost me thousands..

Also, I bought a first generation Panasonic DVD player from Mike on the cheap, and turned it around for a very nice profit to someone who wanted this specific model for DVD testing.

Just doing my part to support our men in uniform.

take care all.

Mike, its a deal on the dinner and a movie in your new HT room.

Chuck

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Jerry, thanks for providing the link to the Asus motherboard!
I have had 4-5 folks email me today already about the computer, THANKS TO YOU GUYS!.
The computer is now Pending Sale, that is, until I hear back from the first person who emailed me (Patrick) this morning. If for some reason Patrick changes his mind, I'll contact everyone else who emailed this morning in corresponding order.
Thanks again Chuck! I hope the Entertainment Center is working well in your place. I kinda miss that BIG thing...but I'm also glad that I don't have to move it this time around also!
I just returned from a 3 1/2 month deployment to Kuwait and it's glad to be back here amongst friends at the HTF!~

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Michael,
Are you at Fort Lewis?
I was stationed there back in 1980-82
We had Mt. St. Helens and Iran to deal with then.
Thanks for the hard work you people provide our country:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks