What's new

CompUSA and Harry Potter: Round 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI, CompUSA is offering Harry Potter at the $9.97 price once again, but I doubt many will be stocking many widescreen copies, so please don't turn this thread into a CompUSA bitch-fest. Feel free to report on the availability/non-availability of either version, but don't slag on CompUSA for offering a 10:1 ratio of Full Frame vs. WideScreen versions.
We've been there, done that, no need to go down that road. I will delete the BMW (bitching/moaning/whining) posts on CompUSA corporate decision making. I think CompUSA simply is trying to get rid of all those gnarly Full Frame version copies they have in their warehouses.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Funny, I *just this second* posted the Weekly Roundup, to include that information as well as the price on some other titles they're advertising, including four new releases!

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a CompUSA within 30 miles, but I took their previous $9.97 Harry Potter ad to K-Mart and they matched the price on a widescreen copy. Then I came to HTF and saw all the controversy about widescreen vs fullscreen on this title, took the same ad to Wal-Mart and bought a fullscreen for the same price.

Tuesday morning I'm heading for my little cluster of stores (K-Mart, Target, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart) with the CompUSA ad to get Monster's Ball and Buffy at lower prices than they're offering.

I love CompUSA, even though I've never shopped there.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
OT, not starting a debate, just wondering Kurt, why did you buy the widescreen & the fullscreen version?

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I price matched the Comp USA "Potter" Ad at Best Buy (Richmond & Post Oak) yesterday (6/11). I wasn't sure if they'd do it, but I had no problems at all.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Then I came to HTF and saw all the controversy about widescreen vs fullscreen on this title, took the same ad to Wal-Mart and bought a fullscreen for the same price.
also wondering why you did that.

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Perhaps he wanted to fill his screen, just like in a movie theater, or perhaps he doesn't like those pesky black bars. Or perhaps, like Everest, he found that it was there...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks