What's new

Compulsion (1959) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81ic1qDF31L._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I didn't wait for this. I bought the U. K. disc some time ago. I do however very much recommend this disc. The transfer is superb - I take it for granted that this is the same transfer - and the film is excellent; one of those films which hold the audience's attention throughout even though the conclusion is well known.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've seen this on the tube and liked it. What is this likely to sell for on release date?

The first reviewer on Amazon says this is one of three movies based on the Leopold and Loeb, two youths who killed for the fun of it. The others are Swoon and Rope and the reviewer says this is the best of the three.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The first reviewer on Amazon says this is one of three movies based on the Leopold and Loeb, two youths who killed for the fun of it. The others are Swoon and Rope and the reviewer says this is the best of the three.

I haven't seen Swoon. It's pretty silly to compare Rope and Compulsion and say one is better because they have completely different approaches to the material.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The film was due to be screened where I was working but a court case against the film in the USA ,delayed the release date .I understand that the surviving murderer objected to the film being released. He failed in his court case.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I just read a review of this release. While it does include a commentary that is not on the region B release, it however does NOT include the 5.1 sound mix. I'm afraid I care more about the sound mix than I do the commentary so I will not purchase the Kino release and will import the UK disc instead.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just read a review of this release. While it does include a commentary that is not on the region B release, it however does NOT include the 5.1 sound mix. I'm afraid I care more about the sound mix than I do the commentary so I will not purchase the Kino release and will import the UK disc instead.
The audio commentary is good so I'm glad I bought the Kino release.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor

Couldn't agree with you more!

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Also, the CinemaScope black and white photography looks absolutely beautiful on Blu-ray.
As much as what you say is as important to me as the audio, the ultimate experience is not complete.
With the release of the 4-track version on the UK release (I'm assuming the 5.1 is a duplicate of the 4-track and not an audio 'blow-up' from a 2-track mix-down) I am disappointed that more effort is not made to ensure that the full original theatrical experience in the final product is made available to the consumer.
I understand that the original masters sometimes do not survive but in this particular case this seems to not apply and is not acceptable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My latest post has nothing to do with your valid criticism so don't feel the need to reply every time I make a post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see. Thank you.
As long as those criticisms are made in the proper threads! The Kino Announcement Thread is not the proper thread for any type of criticisms regarding releases as stated in the first post in that thread. Furthermore, MisterLime is under no obligation to answer any question poised in that thread.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
As long as those criticisms are made in the proper threads! The Kino Announcement Thread is not the proper thread for any type of criticisms regarding releases as stated in the first post in that thread. Furthermore, MisterLime is under no obligation to answer any question poised in that thread.
Apologies, my error, understood on both points.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks