Composite Video Cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andy_brehm, Nov 24, 2001.

1. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

I have recently purchased a new video card for my computer which has a composite video out for my TV. I am looking for some suggestion on what I should do for the cable. I dont need anything spectacular, just something that will look decent when displayed on a 61" TV. I was thinking about something along the lines of making a cable from parts from Radio Shack, though I have not done this before. Im sure if I beg long enough that they will do it for me, but I was just wanting to collect some your thoughts. I need to keep it fairly cheap.

Thanks

2. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

Just got an buy a half-way decent composite cable, why would you make one? Do you need a very long one? If so I've seen ones that are 12 or 16 feet long, look for ones that are used for hooking up sat dishes.
    You shouldn't have to make one, this is the cheapest and simplist cable to buy out there. Too bad you don't have at least S coming out of your computer [​IMG]

3. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

andy - any well shielded gold plated connector phono cable will be fine... after all, it's composite we're talking about here, so it will never look that great on a huge screen.

I certainly wouldn't make a cable.

4. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

yeah, i need one that is about 15 foot. I will take a look and see if I can find one that long. I really wish it was a S video out since I already have a cable for that. when i bought it thats what i thought i was getting, i guess not true!

5. Don O'Brien

Don O'Brien Stunt Coordinator

I hate to be self serving, but I have a pair of studio 100s v1s in very good condition in the classifieds.