composite to component conversion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher R., Nov 24, 2002.

1. Christopher R.

Christopher R. Auditioning

Due to some recievers not having the ability to upconvert any type of video signal to anything else, I am forced to figure out a way to convert a compostite video signal to component because I dont want to use 2 more macros to control the system. I have to use component vid because I want high def and progressive. The conversion would just make it much easier. Any help out there?

Christopher R.

2. Christopher R.

Surely there must be someone out there that knows how to do this. Please help.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Can't you use s-video instead? If you can its pretty easy to convert composite into s-video using a little adapter available from radio shack etc. I convert my VCR into s-video and route it, the DVD player and the DSS though the receiver so video switching is very simple. If my TV had discrete inputs I'd be running componet to it but since it doesn't its just easier to run all s-video.

4. Christopher R.

Andrew,

I cannot use s-video because high-def and progressive signals will only run through component level. It looks like my only option is to use one of the Kenwood Soveriegn recievers that will convert any type of signal to component for a vcr, dss, etc. Thanx for the response. I guess it cant be done by anything other than another component. I really wish someone would make a composite-component converter, but that would take some serious processing.

Christopher