What's new

Composite Inputs to a Panasonic 50PZ800U (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
I just got this sucker and boy, she is sweet.
But there is of course a connection 'issue'.
I have 2 devices that only have composite type outputs, a VCR and the menus from my receiver. The 800U has 2 video inputs, but 1 set is in the front for gaming.
For esthetic reasons, I'd like to avoid using the front inputs.
Is there any sneaky way of creating a 'Y' connection on the 1 video input in the back ? Or am I looking for trouble ?

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
Why can't you just run the vcr video through your receiver so you only have 1 composite output running to your tv?

LewB

Screenwriter
Sorry, I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining the receiver output.
It's a monitor only video output of the receiver's setup menus. It is not an output of another input to the receiver.

I'll play with the cabling and see if I can route the receiver monitor line thru the VCR, which then will feed the TV. Perhaps this is just a hint to get rid of the VCR which I rarely use anyway.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

As mentioned above ...

If the receiver has a monitor out for video ... then it has a video in for something ... VCR ... DVD player ... what have you. The VCR goes into this part of the receiver and the monitor output will then give you both VCR and the menu from the receiver. You just have to set the receiver to VCR when you want to watch it.

regards

LewB

Screenwriter
DUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH ....

Now I got it !!!

Thanks to both of you
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Lew!

Good advice...

in one of my systems....i only hook up the receiver video output as needed..and just plug it into the front of the display...then disconnect when not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trishy!
Recent bookmarks