1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

components

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Right now I have the Deono3802 and the Toshiba 4700 DVD player. I also have a Sony Vega TV (non HDTV).
    Theyre connected from the dvd player to the receiver with monster s-video, and from receiver to TV with a crappy s-video that came with the player.
    Will component cables help even though its not an HD signal?
    I know ill have to buy 2.
    thanks
    anthony

2. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

anyone?

3. Drew Eckhardt

Drew Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

1) The component inputs work arround color decoding inaccuracies and increase the level of detail.
    2) As long as you only have a single component (DVD player) with component outputs you only need one set of cables to go directly from the DVD player to TV.
    3) Any 75 ohm cables will work, and a set of 3 composite video cables will be much less expensive/available in more lengths/etc. than "component" cables.

4. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Anthony, yes, component should look more vibrant and crisper than S-video. Go straight from the DVD player to the TV input.