What's new

Component XBOX question.. (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
If you go to Link Removed n%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dgear%26site%3Dgear_h ub%26channel%3Dxboxgear%26type%3Dpartner
There is a picture of the connectors to the XBOX for component. I'm under the impression that component connections is just for video, and somewhat I'm right. Why does this picture have the YB, PR, and crap and then have the 2 audio connectors? Does all this go into the reciever, if so, where? Is all component just video?
-Bert

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I can't get to that link...it's broken up or something.
Anyhow, component video is for HDTV-ready television sets. The xbox also supports s-video and composite outputs, if you buy the appropriate AV pack. The Xbox ships with a composite (one RCA jack) video and stereo adapter only. The Advanced A/V pack has an s-video output, stereo RCA jacks, and an optical 5.1 digital output connector. The HDTV A/V pack has the 3 component video jacks (generally speaking, one for each primary color, red, green, and blue, but it's a bit more complicated than that), 2 RCA jacks for stereo, and the optical 5.1 digital connector.
Also, most receivers do not support component video (but will likely have s-video and composite). This isn't an issue if you don't have an HDTV anyways.
[Edited last by Max Leung on November 17, 2001 at 11:49 PM]

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I tried the link again, and it works. Oops. :)
Hmmmm, the layout of the connectors is worrisome...is that the Monster cable? At any rate, the fact that the left and right audio connectors are combined with the component video would make it impossible to connect the component video to you HDTV and connect the stereo jacks in the receiver! That sucks!
The microsoft HDTV A/V pack is much better...you can connect whatever cables you want to the adapter. The pack includes all the cables EXCEPT the optical fiber cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks