component video

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Takosan, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Takosan

Takosan Stunt Coordinator

Any other cable outfits I should consider? I've so far looked at bettercables & catcables. I just need two meters. If these above which?

FWIW connect a modest (for me ... maybe entry level to many here ) JVC progrssive player to a Mits TV.

For other sources (DSS & VHS) I currently have S-Video cables for RCA(white ones with gold plugs) fed through receiver. Is it worth getting S-Video cables at the same time or since the source is bad to begin with it's not worth it (I.E. save the money for a STB)?

TIA.

Takosan

2. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Rhinocables.com uses belden 1694a

wickedcables.com uses belden 1505a

Kustomkables.com uses canare

Avcable.com uses Gepco brand

The 1694a cable will probably give the finest performance for the dollar.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Well your DSS is likely a digital feed so it could count as a fairly high quality source.

Since that Mitsu TV is taking the analog signal and trying to up-convert it to progressive, my advice would be to get a good SVideo cable for the DSS unit, and another good cable for the receiver->TV link.

To make your life simple, go to Radio Shack and buy one of those little $20 converters to convert the Composite feed from the VCR into SVideo. Now you can have SVideo in from all sources into the receiver.