What's new

Component Video Y Cable? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_G

Agent
Hi guys,

I am looking for a Component Audio/Video Y Cable which splits a component video (Red, Blue Green) connection into two.

I have looked everywhere and have found nothing. Doing this because of setup limitations due to cables that are too tight to replace/plug back in to the receiver after they were pulled out by my two year old brother. I don't want to spend too much money, which is why I don't want to get those expensive converter boxes. Plus, I have to get all the component video cables for my other brother's game systems (the reason why I am searching for this is because we need to hook up my brother's game systems - xbox, play station 2, and gamecube) so the cost adds up. Yes, I know, that's three - but we need two cables for this sitation. Any help finding such a cable is greatly appreciated!

Andrew Grathwohl

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
You might want to look into a component video switcher. I know this has been discussed on the forum before. For your needs, you can get an inexpensive Radio Shack model as described here (around $25.) Or, you may want to look at something like the JVC JX-S111 switcher.

The combined cost of the Radio Shack switcher and a low-end component video cable will probably be less than the custom cable you describe... and easier to locate.

Gary

SimiA

Second Unit
I agree with Gary on this one.
Get the Radio Shack switcher.
I have one, and it works great.
Just keep your cable runs 6ft or less.
Vb

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
I have two of the JVC JX-S111 switches and they work great. I no longer need one of them if your interested. Most of the ones for sale on black, the one I have is silver if it matters.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
you can't just simply split the video signal with a y-splitter or y-cable. you'll degrade it.

get one of the splitter boxes, as recommended here.

TARGET has 'em cheap, too. :D

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You wont find any "Y" adaptors for video.

In addition to the earlier suggestions for a switcher, Mad-Catz has a $40 component video switcher designed just for people with too-many game systems. I have not tried one of these yet, but they claim it is "HDTV" compatible which means it was a bit better designed than ordinary component video switchers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks