What's new

Component Video worth it for 32" TV? (1 Viewer)

Pete Gia

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All. I have a Panny RP82 hooked to my 32" Sony Wega (KV32FS100) via S-Video. Will I get much of an improvement going to the component hookup? (My old set didn`t nave component inputs,so I never tried it) Thanks, Pete

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Pete, I have a JVC 32" flat screen and it did make a difference for us. Our backup dvd player is hooked up via component and the satellite has the S video hookup. This would be my recommendation.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I would say yes for sure. In comparison, the colors were much richer on my flat 32 going from S to component.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If you have the capability, why not? If anything for the psychological assurance you're using the best possible connections from start to finish. It probably won't be all in your head either.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I have a 27" TV and saw a difference with component cables (Color, not sharpness). HOWEVER, the ability to use my recievers S-video switching (For SVHS-VCR, PS2, cable box) I found to be a larger advantage (especially with the GF not having to switch TV inputs ever time she watched TV) than the "slight" improvment in already excellant PQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks