Component video switching ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Cook, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Michael Cook

Michael Cook Stunt Coordinator

will those "Y" adapters work? trying to hook xbox and ps2 up but only have one set of component jacks on the TV. Could I just buy 3 "Y" adapters so I can hook ps2 and xbox up together?

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

What I ended up doing was using my Sony switchbox for my four component sources. I just use Red, Blue, and Green into Red, White, and Yellow, and I'm not having any issues thus far.

I might be seeing some picture quality drop offs, but it will work until I pick up the Audio Authority Component switcher.

Glen

3. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I'm using an a/v switcher the same way Glen is. Works great.

4. Michael Cook

Michael Cook Stunt Coordinator

ohh, so you are just using a regular video switcher? Didn't think of that.

5. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I remembered reading something about it on AVSforum, and figured it couldn't hurt to try it.

It seems to be working without a hitch. Other than the fact that I hate having to hit the buttons. I'll get that autosensing switch from AudioAuthority sometime in the future.

Glen

6. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

Same here, with no visible drop-off in video quality. I had to also get an optical cable switcher in order to have my cable, PS2 and Xbox in digital sound. Make sure you get a push-button "passive" switcher rather than an electronic "active" model.