What's new

Component video switching ??? (1 Viewer)

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
will those "Y" adapters work? trying to hook xbox and ps2 up but only have one set of component jacks on the TV. Could I just buy 3 "Y" adapters so I can hook ps2 and xbox up together?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
What I ended up doing was using my Sony switchbox for my four component sources. I just use Red, Blue, and Green into Red, White, and Yellow, and I'm not having any issues thus far.

I might be seeing some picture quality drop offs, but it will work until I pick up the Audio Authority Component switcher.

Glen

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I remembered reading something about it on AVSforum, and figured it couldn't hurt to try it.

It seems to be working without a hitch. Other than the fact that I hate having to hit the buttons. I'll get that autosensing switch from AudioAuthority sometime in the future.

Glen

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
Same here, with no visible drop-off in video quality. I had to also get an optical cable switcher in order to have my cable, PS2 and Xbox in digital sound. Make sure you get a push-button "passive" switcher rather than an electronic "active" model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks