What's new

Component video switching through pre-amp ? (1 Viewer)

MikeJN

Grip
I have a Sunfire Theater Grand III pre-amp that has 3 component video inputs and 2 component video outputs. I am wondering if I use the processor for video switching if my video will be degraded at all versus going straight from the video source to Mits. TV ?

The specs for processor say that component video has 100 MHZ bandwidth and I seen somewhere that you need at least 35 MHZ, so does this mean my processor will do switching without noticable picture loss ?

Has anyone tried both ways, going directly to the source versus using the processor. I know a lot of people say go directly from the source to the TV, but if my processor will do the job I would like to use it. Thanks for any input you have

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Try it. It always recommended to go straight to the TV and that's what I did 'til recently. I used component video switching on my Rotel RSP-1066 w/o any degradation and now on my Halo C2. The results for both are/were very successful and convenient for switching sources on your pre/pro. You should have no problem w/your STG III at 100MHZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks