Component video switching on Denon 3802--need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Reckelhoff, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Kevin Reckelhoff

Kevin Reckelhoff Stunt Coordinator

Ok, my gamecube component cables finally arrived yesterday, so I am trying to take advantage of the component switching on my 3802. Seems simple enough, DVD goes into in 1, gamecube into in 2, and out to tv. The audio for dvd is hooked into digital coax in, and the cube audio is hooked into vcr2 audio ins.

Now, the problem is that I can't get the gamecube picture to appear on screen easily. If I switch to the dvd input, the dvd picture and audio work fine. If I switch to vcr2, the dvd picture remains, and the audio for the cube plays. If the dvd is off, the screen remains blank. In other words, the video in doesn't appear to "switch" to show the gamecube.

In order to view the game, I need to change the video input to TV/DBS using the front panel VideoSelect button. With audio set to vcr2, and video set to TV/DBS, the cube works fine.

Anyone know a better way to do this? It annoys me immensely to have to use a front panel button to switch back and forth; can I use the remote to do this somehow?

thanks in advance,

Kevin

2. James_T

James_T Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,

I have the same problem with my 3802. I read a post here a while back that the 3801 had a code for this in its remote, and that the code still exists and can potentially be used with the 3802, but I cannot confirm this nor do I have the code. Use the search function here for the thread, though I'm not sure it has any more info than I just provided.

I'm going to post this over at remotecentral.com, as I have a Pronto and I'm hoping someone has a CCF with the code. If you have a universal remote that can accept code entries then maybe you can get the code from someone there. Good luck, and please let me know if you find anything.