What's new

Component Video Switch boxes? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Gregg Loewen is selling one in Hardware FS/FT, I think. A real heavy-duty box, HD bandwidth, retails for considerably more. That would be better than some bargain-hunting!

Dennis_W

Grip
Whoops, should of mentioned this in the original post - I need one with optical audio inputs. Do they make boxes just for switching digital optical?

Rant:
[rant]I wouldn't reallly need this in the first place if Circuit City hadn't lied to me about the number of available Component Video inputs. And made it sound as if the HDMI input was a seperate input from one of the component video inputs (nope, Component Video 1 and HDMI are both input 1). Guess that's what I get for trusting them instead of asking here or calling Hitachi first.... And I love how they said that although it doesn't have DVI, I can get a DVI->HDMI converter for "no big deal" there. I recently called them up about this, the only converter they sell costs $120. Since when is $120 "no big deal"? I doubt Circuit City will believe me if I say anything, the TV was purchased a month ago. I really ought to make them pay for it, seeing how the salesmen mislead me....[/rant]

Matt Leigh

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to find one. I'd pay $250 canadian to get one. My TV only has 2 inputs and my reciever has none. I was considering upgrading the reciever but wanting to hook up a DVD player, Gamecube, Xbox, and HD cablebox that wouldn't help.

Dennis_W

Grip
Yeah, Matt, pretty much the same thing for me. I want to hook up an XBox, GameCube, HD Cable box, and a PS2 (the DVD player in it seems to be pretty good, the edge sharpening and DNR are nice, Progressive Scan doesn't hurt either) and eventually an upscaling DVD player.

I think my best bet is to argue with Circuit City until they give me one to make up for their misguiding salesmen, because once I pay for a box with optical audio in I'm going to be broke.

Darren Siddorn

Auditioning
I recently purchased a Pelican System Selector Pro from Futureshop, $145cdn, it is under the category of Xbox > more Xbox. I can't post the link as the Forum rules don't allow it.

Had no problems with it at the moment, it may be what you are looking for. It has the full range of Component, S-Video, Composite, Audio and Toslink, too.

Darren Siddorn

Auditioning
The quality seems fine, it is all housed in a black metal box with a plastic fascia, and it blends in well. I can't seem to see any noticeable picture degradation, I am using component and S-Video and the pictures look great. I have seen it advertised for $89.99US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks