What's new

Component Video Splitter - Different Question (1 Viewer)

George Ulerio

Auditioning
Hi, I have an issue that hopefully some of you can help me with. I have a Harmon Kardon AVR-330. It has all of the component inputs that I require. I currently have HD Cablebox, Progressive Scan DVD player, and Sony Playstation hooked up to it. My issue is that I have a TV and a projector that can accept component. The receiver only has one component output. I would like to avoid getting a remote and customizing it with discrete codes to work with one of the devices plugged into the TV or projector directly because I would then only have that device connected to one device and not the other. Hopefully someone shares my pain. I'm just wondering if there is some type of Y splitter for component that provides the 75 ohm impedance matching that is required. I'm open to suggestions.

George

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You still need a switch, not a splitter. When you toggle between the TV and projector, you need to make sure the active equipment cannot 'see' the other device.

There is a product I have been looking at to see if it will really handle HD video. It is called the "Mad Catz HDTV Selector" and sells for about $40. Use one of these on the output of your receiver to toggle between your 2 different displays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks