Component Video Cable Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Bane, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Jeffrey Bane

Jeffrey Bane Agent

I tried to extend the component cable that I ordered with my Sharp projector (Instead of dragging it out each time, I ceiling mounted it, but the cable was then 10' too short). I tried this by purchasing an RCA coupler, and a 12' component video from Radio Shack. The result was shades of purple, pink and alternating blue traveling up and down the screen.

I know it's not the projector or the DVD player, because when using the S-Video connect, it worked fine.

Where did I go wrong???

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Hmm, I assume when you connect back to original that everything is ok. Rather than spend a lot of money on custom cables for what I also assume is a fairly lengthy run to your ceiling mounted projector, I would use 3 runs of RG-6 cable with F-RCA connectors on each end. This is available at Home Depot and other stores and I can tell you firsthand that it works very very well, comparable to my 12' A.R. component cables, impressive when you consider the price differential and the fact that the RG6 component runs I have now are 33ft long.

3. Jeffrey Bane

Jeffrey Bane Agent

Thanks!!