What's new

Component to VGA connection for projector (1 Viewer)

Stuka1939

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
I have a Viewsonic pj551d and a Yamaha receiver. The projector has only S-video/video composite/VGA in ports. Would hooking up my receiver from the component ports to the VGA on the projector via a component/VGA cable be a good path to take? I want to be able to connect all my devices to the receiver, but retain good quailty. I also was going to get an 180p upconvertering dvd player for the system. Thanks for the help I am new to home theater set up.

improv

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I have a question related to this topic. My epson powerlite 4 projector has a vga connector, but it's a vga/component connector. Epson has a cable that they want $90 for and it's a whopping 9 feet long....my question...this surely can't be a proprietary cable can it? Won't a standard VGA/Component cable work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks,
Mike P

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
__________________________________________________ _______________
That price is ridiculous. Go to Monoprice.com. Any VGA/component cable will work.

improv

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Thanks for the reply Jim, I'm a noob to the forum and couldn't view my post, I think that they put noobs into quarantine for a while
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I was able to get a cable from Ram....and hopefully it will suit my system. I'll try to post back with the results. I have to paint my goo screen and run some speaker wire for the speakers...so it might be a while.

Thanks again!

MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks