What's new

Component to VGA breakout cable or converter? (1 Viewer)

Rivera

Auditioning
Hi there,

I recently buy an Infocus X1 DLP projector for my HT. Reading the manual, it says if you want to see 480p images you HAVE to connect your DVD player and this projector using a Component to VGA Breakout cable. This projector only accepts progressive scan images via this VGA input.

Does anyone knows any solution for this, it would be appriciated.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Check out the Audio Authority 9A62. It is a converter box that goes from component to VGA. I just ordered it so I'm not able to comment on its quality. But you can order it for 149.00US at http://www.copperbox.com

The Audio Authority is a transcoder tha converts component to RGB. Since the X1 accepts component on the RGB HD15 port, you just need a cable to adapt three RCA component connections to the HD15 port.

On the X1, the supplied component adapter only accepts 480i, if you want to use 480p or HDTV resolutions you must use the break out cable. The DCDi scaler in the X1 is very good, so you may consider just feeding 480i in the component/s-video port and let the projector do the scaling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks