Component to VGA breakout cable or converter?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rivera, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Rivera

Rivera Auditioning

Hi there,

I recently buy an Infocus X1 DLP projector for my HT. Reading the manual, it says if you want to see 480p images you HAVE to connect your DVD player and this projector using a Component to VGA Breakout cable. This projector only accepts progressive scan images via this VGA input.

Does anyone knows any solution for this, it would be appriciated.

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Check out the Audio Authority 9A62. It is a converter box that goes from component to VGA. I just ordered it so I'm not able to comment on its quality. But you can order it for 149.00US at http://www.copperbox.com

3. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

I have a AA9A62 if your interested.

4. Christian C

Christian C Extra

The Audio Authority is a transcoder tha converts component to RGB. Since the X1 accepts component on the RGB HD15 port, you just need a cable to adapt three RCA component connections to the HD15 port.

On the X1, the supplied component adapter only accepts 480i, if you want to use 480p or HDTV resolutions you must use the break out cable. The DCDi scaler in the X1 is very good, so you may consider just feeding 480i in the component/s-video port and let the projector do the scaling.

5. JasonGarrett

JasonGarrett Agent

Here's a cable that should work: http://www.crtcinema.com/store/?page...7fa7dc7e0bd607

It would probably be worthwhile to inquire about a cable at bluejeanscable.com. They have a VGA-5 BNC breakout cable for $25, and could probably make a VGA-3 RCA cable for you.