What's new

Component-to-Cat5 Wall Plate? (1 Viewer)

andrew_taylor

Auditioning
I know I've seen somewhere recently at wall plate that converts component video to Cat5 for easier distribution. I thought it was on OnQ-Legrand's website, but I can't find it again. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Insulation and sheetrock are happening next week, and I'm running out of time to finish this project...

Thanks in advance!

Could you be talking about the wall plate from Audio Authority. I believe it lets you plug in component video and digital audio and then converts them so you can run them over 2 cat 5e wires. Hope this helps some.

Mike

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

I've seen that ad as well in WSR. Big bucks, though. I believe it's not just the wall plates that are involved. There is a distribution block that is part of the system. It looks to be intended for larger installations. I was looking at a some really nice wall plates at RAM. They are able to make custom ones as well but they use standard cable. CAT-5 on its own is probably not robust enough to carry component signals and retain any measure of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks