What's new

Component to 15 pin converter (1 Viewer)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
You have probably guessed that I have a projector that can only accept RGB via the 15 pin connector. I am looking for an inexpensive converter but I have had very little luck finding anything at all.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks
------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame that it won't take Component video.
The NEC LT-150 only lists RGB but recognizes Component Video just fine.
I'm not sure what your definition of "cheap" or "inexpensive" is, but Key Digital sells the KD-CTCA2 adapter which takes component video in and transcodes to RGB via VGA connector out. It's US$329.
I'm not sure off the top of my head what else is out there. Key Digital's products are top notch however.
Regards,

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
When the "cable guy" incorrectly termed the output of my HD converter box as RGB, I thought I'd have to do the same thing--but he was wrong, and it was really a component output...
Anyway, before I realized I didn't need the converter, I used a search engine and got a few hits on the internet. Can't remember anything specific, but I think you can find something for less than $200--for some reason I seem to remember closer to $135-150...
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks