What's new

Component Rack (1 Viewer)

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Anyone have any advice for building a nice component rack from say a hardware store like home depot. Any words of wisdom would be greatly aprecieated.

KyleGS

Second Unit
I built a tv stand/component holder from all wood. Really cheap, strong and looks pretty good. I got everything at Lowe's.

Pic1
pic2

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Kyle, what size of D-series tv is that? I have a set-up quite like yours. 32" jvc D-series tv, jbl s-center, and 4 jbl s26s.

What type of wood did you use? Is that just white pine stained?

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
If you haven't, try searching the forum for "flexy" or "flexi"--lots of ideas on a flexy rack. Probably something in the archive as well.

You might need to run to several Home Depots before finding enough straight, clean all-thread rods.

I used hose gaskets instead of neoprene washers for spacers between the shelf and washers. Hose gaskets are about $3 per 50 (100?) I think, while neoprene gaskets can be $.59 each. . .

KyleGS

Second Unit
Its the 32" JVC- very good set for the money IMO. I just used the pine planks at Lowes'. Again pretty good stuff for the money :) and turned out to look good for pine.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
yup i am def going to build a small one this weekend, 2 feet wide by 18 deep by three feet high with two shelves and i will put my microwave (mmm dorm room) bfd and books in it. i won't have time to finish it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks