What's new

Component output of DVD too strong (1 Viewer)

Richard_M

Second Unit
I have just installed an LG 60" LCD RP monitor, also a HD digital set-top box.

Running S-Video to the monitor from the Denon 3802 amp all sources work fine.

Running component from the amp, the digital set-top box works great, but both DVD players 1X Toshiba 1200, the other Pioneer DV-C503 overdrive the input. The whites are over driven, and the display shuts down momentarily saying no sync, especially where the screen has allot of white content. BTW this is more evident with PAL dvd's NTSC don't appear to suffer as much. The pioneer has a setting in its menu which reduces it output called cinema, the monitor does not lose sync with this setting but the whites still blume.

The digital box has a beautiful picture out on all 3 outputs, S-Video, Component, & RGB. Both s-video and component share the same setup screen, i.e bright/contrast etc affects both. rgb has a different setup though.

I have used a setup dvd to adjust the video on s-video, I cannot get enough adjustment to solve the component output from the DVD players.

Is there any solution to this problem, I realise it must be a fault of the screen, but is there a box available to balance out video levels?

Richard

Richard_M

Second Unit
It's okay guys you can rest easy now as I have fixed my problem!!!!

I used an old trick I learned years ago, I tied a knot in the cable and kept pulling it tight until the picture came right :D

No seriously, after much reading here I went and bought a Panasonic RP-82 DVD player, the result is a great picture and no loss of sync due to over driving.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks