Component inputs for Sony Wega 27

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by seanVO, Dec 15, 2004.

1. seanVO

seanVO Auditioning

Hello:

When I connect my playstation 2 ( ps2 ) using my monster component video cables, i notice subtle thin black lines flickering against white backgrounds when in enhanced 16:9 mode. Does anyone else get this? I did seperate the cable from other wires as best I could and that did help a little I think.

I just got this tv recently. Since I may move my ps2 to another monitor sometimes I'm wondering if theirs a general tolerance for how much i should be disconnecting and reconnecting cables from the component input jacks?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    This is just a normal, analog Sony WEGA 27 inch? If so, the PS2 doesn't even support progressive scan most of the time. Turn off enhanced 16:9. You're not gaining anything trying to use it. Set it to normal 4:3 for the PS2.

The handful of PS2 games that have progressive scan say so right on the game, otherwise you can forget it 9/10 times. It's an ancient piece of hardware at this point. [​IMG]

And yes, try to limit how much you connect and disconnect cables, for the sake of wear and tear.

Might I suggest you consider a component video switcher. Something from Pelican or maybe a JVC JX-S111?

3. seanVO

seanVO Auditioning

Good Morning:

Thank you for your feedback. My question about the component inputs also stemmed from me having wiggled the component inputs to see if they were related to the lines i've been seeing. I was concernd about possible damage since before I knew it I had wiggled them about a dozen times accidentally ( can we say OCD :p )

Anyway, the wega I own (KV27fs120) accepts inputs of only 460i via component video in. So I didn't think their would be any correlation to progressive signals their, at least thats what I thought. When using my console dvd player connected (via s-video) with enhanced 16:9 these lines do not appear (only apeture lines).

I did notice a slight improvement when I isolated the monster 400v ps2 component cables from other wires. But their is still this noticeable presence against white backrounds with enhnaced 16:9 mode. Does anyone know if this is just something that "comes with the territory" with this cable and or electrical interference. I have noticed that the video inputs on the ps2 are designed so that their directly next to the ac electrical connections.