1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Component cables

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Quinn, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Quinn

Quinn Stunt Coordinator

Can I use regular monster cables (that I have from my DVD to my old 27in) for the component video of a new pro scan DVD and HDTV, or is the make-up of the actual wiring different for "component cables"?

Thanks,
    Quinn

2. Kimo Bonnelycke

Kimo Bonnelycke Stunt Coordinator

So are you saying you have composite cables (since I assume your old 27" does not have component inputs), and you want to know if you can use them (i.e. 1 video, 2 audio) as component cables (i.e. 3 video cables)?

You can do anything you want, but if all the above cables are not 75ohm, then you might not like the picture you see. How big is the HDTV? If you don't want to spend a lot of money, go to radio shack and get a cheap set of component cables. If you don't want to spend any money, then try your cables and see what happens, you may like what you see..

Kimo B.

3. Quinn

Quinn Stunt Coordinator

The new TV is 61in. I have 3 year old Monster Cables which ran audio from my old DVD to my old receiver. I don't know if they are 75ohm, or not. Perhaps I will just go and buy new cables. Couldn't hurt!

Thanks,
    Quinn

4. Kimo Bonnelycke

Kimo Bonnelycke Stunt Coordinator

I think getting new cables would be a good idea.

Enjoy the new TV.....

Kimo B.