Component Cables for Xbox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by carlos f, Jun 13, 2002.

1. carlos f

carlos f Extra

I'm looking to hook up my Xbox to Mits 55857 via componenet cables. I'm not a total newbie and understand differences among cable quality but i'm really trying to save a buck and am curious if I can get away w/a cheapy set of components. If so, any recommendations. I've seen entry level Monster and AR for about 20 bucks. i'd like to stay in this range.

Thanks,
    Carlos

2. Jeff O.

Jeff O. Stunt Coordinator

The high-def pac from microsoft comes with a set of cheapie component cables. Why not try those out, go get a good set somewhere that you can return them, and see if there is a difference.

3. James St

James St Supporting Actor

The cheapo cables that come with the HD pack are unshielded which may lead to video interference. I would go for the AR cables. They provide a better bang for the buck, imho.

4. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

im happy with the monster cables because i got some interferance through the hd av pack from m soft the only downfall is you have to use thier proprietary optical cable it uses av adapter to connect to the end going into the xbox,you can find them both fairly cheap at gamestop.com components $39.99 +$29.99 for the optical...they are worth every penny,to me anyway.

5. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

The HD PAck from Microsoft is "GOOD ENOUGH"...The quality is actually PRETTY DAMN GOOD on my Hitachi HDTV. I saw a BIG difference between the Advance AV pack and the HD..I would definitely get the HD Pack if you have the inputs on your TV. PLUS its only $20.00!

Good Luck
    Angelo