What's new

Component cables for DVD-A? (1 Viewer)

Joe DC

Agent
I was once told that you could use component cables to run audio for DVD-A. Is this correct?

Would the cables in a composite connection also work (ie. Right/Left audio cables with Red/White distinction and then a video cable with Yellow RCA jacket distinction?

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
Can't remember- is DVD-A an analog or digital signal? If digital, only the component or composite video (yellow cable only) connections will work. If it is analog, all of them should work.

CJ

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Two sets of component cables will certainly work fine for DVD-A. Two sets of cables with stereo audio and composite video should also work, although it's theoretically better if the composite video run is made of the same type of cabling as the audio runs. The difference would probably be visible on an oscilloscope, but it's doubtful whether you could hear it.

If you don't have the cables yet, then pick up 2 sets of the inexpensive component cables from Target. They're under $10 each, and work well. They are 6-feet long, however, which means you might need to hide a bit of extra cable length somewhere.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
My local Radio Shack was selling off their AR PRo lines and I picked up a couple of sets of 1m component cables for 8$US each set. Works great for DVD-A (which is an analog signal BTW).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks