What's new

Component cables as "audio"? (1 Viewer)

Jon-K-Wilson

Auditioning
Boy what a way to start my first post here.:laugh:
But can I connect the "audio input/outputs " (L/R) with component cables? It will only be for a few days until I can get to the store to buy Audio cables
Thanks
Jon

TomH

Second Unit
I did notice that the AR component cables are coax with a solid center conductor and the high dollar Monster component cables are stranded.

Can you assume that cables designed for video should always exceed the requirements for audio?

Tom

Can you assume that cables designed for video should always exceed the requirements for audio?
That's not really a good assumption, the quality of either type of cable can vary greatly, so there's no basis in saying video cable always, or even most of the time being better.

As far as the solid vs. stranded cables, when you get to a certain size, a solid conductor becomes difficult to bend, and is also susceptible to more damage from flexing. I'm sure you've bent a paperclip or something similar only to have it snap, as opposed to something like a twist-tie, which can withstand a lot of bending.

A solid conductor cable would use less copper than a stranded conductor cable to do the same work, but most companies uses stranded because of the reasons mentioned above.

Kevin_W

Second Unit
I upgraded my AR component video cables not too long ago and wanted to figure out a way to re-use them. I now have a great set of composite audio/video cables coming out of my cable box. :)
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks