Component Cable for PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I saw a 10ft Compnent cable today bundled with an optical cable from Monster , but they wanted $60 . Anyone have any other source that might be a slight bit cheaper? Not sure if $60 of difference exists between S Video and Component.

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Well, Im not suprised Monster is charging $60, but in most cases that is not that bad considering it's 10 feet and you get a digital line with it too. I know Sony makes their own components connectors and you can get a digital line from Radio Shack for about $20... but it's only about 3 feet or less. You need to decide if you really need 10 feet! But $60 for a 10 foot component cable is actually pretty good.

3. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

4. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

Sony's component cables are $24.99. I got them yesterday. Connected them to my 32XBR450, which upconverts component signals to 1080i, and it looks unbelievable. I couldn't imagne needing more expensive cables.

Well worth it.

-Erik

5. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Go to www.avconnect.com. They have some component cables for PS2. They have both Monster brand, and Interact Pro Series cables. The Interact Pro Series are the same quality as Monster, but at a much more reasonable price. I have these and they are very nice. Of course you will still need to pick up a decent optical cable from Radio Shack or something...

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    That's not coming back a valid adress

7. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Site must be down right now...

8. Michael Klein

Try this link instead. . . without the period at the end:
    http://www.avconnect.com
    I was an editor of school publications for seven years, so I see stuff like that all the time. [​IMG]
    Edit: Hmmm. . . still doesn't work. . . but at least it's a valid address!