Component Cable - Brand vs, Brand?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by LouAR, Feb 19, 2004.

1. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

I must not be the only one who is (or has) wrestled with the decision of which brand of cables to purchase.

My existing system uses a combination of Monster 3 (&2)component, optical, S-video and RCA based on source and priority. Now I am adding a projector and need a longer 30' component cable.

I have looked at Monster, Bluejeans and Cablestogo. All look good to read their claims but has anyone compared them? There is not only substantial price difference but also a difference in pre-cut lengths. Bluejeans is the only one with a pre-cut 30' and they have the lowest price. Cablestogo.com's cables visually look more substantial (similar to Monster 3) but they only have 25' and 50' lengths.

Anyone know how much technical difference between these (or other) brands? these three all claim to be top of the line.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Thanks,
    ~Lou~

2. AngeloNA

AngeloNA Agent

I recently asked this question on the newbie forum, and the general feeling was to avoid Monster. Supposedly, the top Monster cables (z-something), which are very costly, are comparable to the bluejeans cables, which are much cheaper. I decided to go with bluejeans.

3. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

I've used audio interconnects from Bluejeans to connect my processor to my amp. They are quality cables, the price is right and they sound great to my ears. I plan on buying some component cables from them in the future.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Bluejeans and such use pro cables that provide full specifications. Canare and Belden are pretty much pro standards, I trust their cabling quality, and they list very thorough specs. I would buy cables that list specs, something that Monster aand cablestogo do not list.

5. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Where can I find Bluejeans cables?

6. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Never mind. Just found it.