What's new

Component Cabinet Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all. I am in the process of building a new Home Theater in my 23 X 13 foot main living room/kitchen area. I am going to be needing a component cabinet to house my electronics which includes a Turntable and 5 other components including the Comcast Cable box, and lower end surge suppression/power distribution box probably hidden.

Any pointers to good buys and nice designs for a component cabinets?

I'll do a decent job dressing and keeping all the cables neat, but I'm thinking something that helps me manage and deal with this (hide it) would be good.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
www.mander.com

I like the Synergy racks. I love mine - twin 30 with mesh sides and frosted glass doors. I like the doors because you don't see the gear, but the remotes still works through them. Good stuff :emoji_thumbsup: Not exactly cheap though.

Price?

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
VTI makes very good racks for the money. I picked one up from racksandstands.com and have been very happy with it.

Tom Weaver

Auditioning
What ever you select, put some good casters on the bottom before you start installing your gear. Makes it so much easier to roll around when you're adding components, checking cables, etc. The days of a standard being around, like VHS, for 20+ years are over. We'll be upgrading receivers, players, displays, and cable boxes on a much faster timeline. Having your stuff on wheels makes the job easier.

Leo

Second Unit
Especially when you put a heavy 7 channel amp at 70lbs. :) Casters were the best thing I added to the Salamander rack I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks