Complicated setup - help!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brian^E, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Brian^E

Brian^E Extra

OK - here are the players:

Panasonic HD tube TV (CT-32HXC43) - this has two coaxial inputs as well as a 'Split Out' coax port

Scientific Atlanta HD Cable Box - audio via digital coax

Denon 1801 receiver

Samsung VCR (soon to be JVC HR-S3600U SVHS) - audio via RCA

I guess the main problem I have been having is figuring out PIP. I'm not sure how to rig this, especially so that the audio will follow the picture as I press SWAP.

2. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

As far as picture in picture, the set has two tuners. Swaping the pics with also swap the sound.

There should be RCA outs on the back. Maybe labled as "fixed" or "variable". Used the fixed. If there is one set of outputs, there should be a setting in the tv menu to set the output to "fixed". Hope this helps.

James

3. Brian^E

Brian^E Extra

Yes, the TV has 5 separate audio inputs, but the problem is that they are all RCA. I have a digital coaxial cable running from audio out of the cable box into my Denon receiver. This is the audio that always seems to play.

Any way to remedy this?

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

The digital audio is the default on your receiver. If a digital signal is not present, it uses the analog. Unfortunately, the digital is always on for the cable box channel being transmitted, so that is the channel that always plays. This is because the Cable box is tuned to the channel you hear even though the TV tuner is tuned to the channel you see. You have to attach your audio outs on the TV to another input on the receiver (Aux, CD, etc.) and then switch the receiver every time you swap the PIP. This is the only way I know that will work, short of giving up the digital audio and just attaching the analogs from the TV.