What's new

Completist Virus (1 Viewer)

I am rather new to DVD collecting, but have already contracted the "completist" virus, can anyone here give me advise on what may be a good site I should visit to see all the various versions of certain DVD's, and what each may hold as far as extra's,video, audio...etc??

Thanks

Michael Qualen

Stunt Coordinator
www.dvdcompare.net is a good place to start...there are others as well, but this is the only one I can think of right now

But when in doubt, just ask here...but do a search before you ask...chances are there are others who might have the same questions :)

Thanks alot, that site will help alot!!

I did do a quick search earlier on "Completist" and couldn't find anything. I will do some more though, thanks again...its appreciated!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
A Virus! That explains why I have every version of the LOTR trilogy, both Dare Devils and all the Godzilla and Ernest movies....

Yeah and unfortunately there is no cure or medication at this time, and even worse the virus grows in strength every Tuesday!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

It depends on what you mean by completist.

If you want to buy every film by a certain actor or director, www.imdb.com is the best place to look.

But, if you want to buy up every version of a certain title, may I ask why? Why buy a second copy of a title only for a featurette or something you may not even end up watching?

Or do you mean perfectionist, wanting to buy only the best version of a certain title?

Probably a combination of both, I always want to make sure I am getting the copy with the best audio & video, but as far as features go, I just want to know what all is out there....I won't go crazy just cause this or that version has one extra deleted scene or something, but I know I have run into times when they have released a version with better video and audio only to get rid of most of the extra features. I really enjoy the documentaries on alot of the discs, and I guess I just want to know what all options that I do have. I know I have made purchases in the last year, only to come on here and find out from reading posts, that I have the worst version of the disc I could have gotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks