What's new

Completing The 60’s (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
same as previous 80s thread. Major shows (multiple seasons)stalled/unreleased. I left off Peyton Place and Gunsmoke as those have picked back up, at least for now. What are current chances on release/ completion of:

Hawaiian Eye
Burke’s Law
Defenders
Hillbillies
Petticoat Junction
Bonanza (stalled?)
Run For Your Life
Julia
Name of the Game
Ben Casey
Nurses
Farmers Daughter
12 0Clock High
Slatterys People
High Chaperral ( reportedly coming out)
Felony Squad
NYPD
Green Hornet (only one season but still qualifies due to huge cult status)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
same as previous 80s thread. Major shows (multiple seasons)stalled/unreleased. I left off Peyton Place and Gunsmoke as those have picked back up, at least for now. What are current chances on release/ completion of:

Hawaiian Eye
Burke’s Law
Defenders
Hillbillies
Petticoat Junction
Bonanza (stalled?)
Run For Your Life
Julia
Name of the Game
Ben Casey
Nurses
Farmers Daughter
12 0Clock High
Slatterys People
Felony Squad
NYPD

Love your choices Frank.

I really want Farmer's Daughter, High Chaperral and the Green Hornet. Ahh. The sixties. When television was fun, and the characters likable.

James

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)

Hawaiian Eye
Burke’s Law
Defenders
Hillbillies
Petticoat Junction
Bonanza (stalled?)
Run For Your Life
Julia
Name of the Game
Ben Casey
Nurses
Farmers Daughter
12 0Clock High
Slatterys People
Felony Squad
NYPD
Gary alluded to fans of The Beverly Hillbillies being happy later this year, so cross your fingers.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Of all the shows listed above, The Beverly Hillbillies, The High Chaparral and Bonanza probably have the best chance of being completed...and even that is something of a long shot at this stage. I suppose there's a chance for Petticoat Junction, too. It's hard to predict what surprises might be released.

The 60s is my favorite era for American TV, so anything else of quality from that decade that comes out is good news in my book.

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Beverly Hillbillies, does anyone want to talk about a favorite episode? I think mine is the one with the Boston Strong Girl, it was than I began to appreciate Mrs. Drysdale and her lonely fight for cultural values.

The two Drysdales are watching television in the episode.

Mr. Drysdale: Look, the Boston Strong Girl. She's beating up a hillbilly
Mrs. Drysdale: Oh. An educational program.

Have any of you noticed that as the years passed by, you began to feel more sympathy for Mr. Drysdale. It seemed he was the only one who was looking out for the best interests of the Clampett Clan. And he was a banker to boot. Wisely, investing Jed's millions in intelligent savings and accounts. A great capitalist. He was always putting his clients interests first. What a work ethic.

James

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Speaking of Beverly Hillbillies, does anyone want to talk about a favorite episode? I think mine is the one with the Boston Strong Girl, it was than I began to appreciate Mrs. Drysdale and her lonely fight for cultural values.

The two Drysdales are watching television in the episode.

Mr. Drysdale: Look, the Boston Strong Girl. She's beating up a hillbilly
Mrs. Drysdale: Oh. An educational program.

Have any of you noticed that as the years passed by, you began to feel more sympathy for Mr. Drysdale. It seemed he was the only one who was looking out for the best interests of the Clampett Clan. And he was a banker to boot. Wisely, investing Jed's millions in intelligent savings and accounts. A great capitalist. He was always putting his clients interests first. What a work ethic.

James
I thought Mr. Drysdale became more spiteful in the later seasons with his character becoming more cartoonish. By S9 he was completely unbearable, which I know of no one who has claimed S9 to be among their favorite seasons.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
T.H.E. Cat (my holiest of holy grails)
Way Out
Great Ghost Tales
12 O'Clock High
(just the Season 1 episodes with Robert Lansing... I lost interest when the miscast Paul Burke took over)
Bus Stop
The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
(Region 1 release, although I already own the UK R2 complete series set)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 7 (ditto)
Hawk
Blue Light
The Man Who Never Was
(General Electric) True

Journey to the Unknown
Klondike and Acapulco (the former period-set ZIV series morphed/modernized into the latter, retaining leads Ralph Taeger and James Coburn)
N.Y.P.D.
Hoppity Hooper
, aka Uncle Waldo
Green Hornet
Adventures in Paradise
The Rogues
The Outcasts
The Greatest Show on Earth
The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters
Target: The Corruptors!
Space Giants
Captain Nice
The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau
The National Geographic Specials
(the original David L. Wolper-produced specials from the 1960s and early 1970s)
The rest of Beany and Cecil
The rest of One Step Beyond (official CBS/Paramount release, technically a 1950s series)
The rest of Password (surviving episodes)
The rest of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (remaining 1960s episodes)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Of all the shows listed above, The Beverly Hillbillies, The High Chaparral and Bonanza probably have the best chance of being completed...and even that is something of a long shot at this stage. I suppose there's a chance for Petticoat Junction, too. It's hard to predict what surprises might be released.

The 60s is my favorite era for American TV, so anything else of quality from that decade that comes out is good news in my book.
The Beverly Hillbillies is taking forever. They will probably get half way through then only offer a complete series. For God sakes they are only up to season 4!!! How many more decades to get to the end?? I am 54. I hope It happens during my life but I am not hopeful.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
The Beverly Hillbillies is taking forever. They will probably get half way through then only offer a complete series. For God sakes they are only up to season 4!!! How many more decades to get to the end?? I am 54. I hope It happens during my life but I am not hopeful.
I don't mind the wait so much IF I knew they were committed to finishing the series. I mean, most other major long running CBS sitcoms seem to be finished from that era. I don't want to run afoul of the moderation rules with what I'm going to say here. If I'm treading dangerous ground, my apologies. A friend of mine a couple of months pointed out a post on the Me-TV page where someone claimed a certain episode with Shorty was offensive; Me-TV replied that they would remove it from their rotation. Really? I also don't make it a secret that I have uploaded some of the Columbia House episodes to YouTube. I got a nasty comment from a guy who took offense to the John Wayne cameo episode. Please, CBS, do the right thing and don't leave out episodes because one or two people get butthurt over something.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
A friend of mine a couple of months pointed out a post on the Me-TV page where someone claimed a certain episode with Shorty was offensive; Me-TV replied that they would remove it from their rotation.
If I claim that I'm offended they removed the episode, would they put it back on? How soft are we becoming? This makes me want to purchase the series all the more if that's the attitude stations are going to adopt.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
We are soft...and thus pathetic as a people in an age where many would rather express their intolerant "tolerance" and censor things outright...rather than muster the intellectual fortitude and effort to debate and engage in the arena of civilized public discourse...and so to be, perhaps, exposed for their prejudice.
30707335_2159399887420047_7181474584959385600_n.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks