What's new

Completely Clueless (1 Viewer)

Lee M T

Second Unit
I hooked up my cousin's surround setup today.

Sony 46" HDTV
Yamaha RX-V730
Sony DVD/VCR Combo
Cable box
Polk RTI's all the way around

I can't get any video stuff going at all. I have monitor out from the receiver to the comp video in on the TV. Then I had the coaxial cable for digital cable out of the wall into the cable box. And component cable out of the box into the reciever. I also have the DVD hooked up via component cables. I went into the Yammie menu and set all the I/o's to what they should be and I get audio for both the cable box and DVD player (optical and coaxial respectively), but no video what so ever.

Surely all three comp video ins/outs aren't dead on the Yammie? The thing was just bought new last week.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Lee- Have you selected the correct video input on the Sony? Video input 5 is one of the component ins and the other is 6 or 7 I think. If not this is probably the problem.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried plugging the DVD or box DIRECTLY into the TV to see if the problem is with the output device, receiver or TV?

It will be easier if you narrow down WHERE the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks