What's new

Complete TIME TUNNEL Blu-ray (Pal) Coming August 13th U.K. (1 Viewer)

J

JOEYD3

Just had this forarded to me...

A Revelation Films spokesman has clarified-confided-related that the identical SD (Standard Definition) video transfers used for the previous Region 2 standard DVD edition have been employed again. The chief difference this time around is that the cliffhanger endings have been restored to their corresponding episodes once more.This "blu-ray edition" can only be recommended for anyone who hasn't as yet purchased the earlier Region 2 standard DVD edition. A bonafide HD (High Definition) blu-ray release is yet to see the light-of-day and if (or when) it happens it will most certainly be made available in the much more sizeable (and lucratively substantial) North American home video market first.Still it is gratifying that THE TIME TUNNEL (ABC 1966-67) would be (in a way) the first of the classic Irwin Allen (June 12th, 1916 - November 02nd, 1991) 1960s SF tv series to be made available in the higher grade medium. Let us hope that this is a (positive) harbinger of great things to come.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Maybe it's a new trend for Irwin Allen's hit shows. The Time Tunnel Blu-ray will look like DVD, while Lost in Space DVD looked like VHS! Remember? :wacko:

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Revelation originally told me ( when they first announced the series) that genuine HD masters for TT were not available. I told them in no uncertain terms that a Bluray in standard definition was no good for the fans or the format itself .
I'm hoping that the significant delays for this release is a result of them either gaining access to genuine HD masters or simply waiting until they can do it properly.
They said Lost In Space was not available to them despite them releasing Giants and Voyage on dvd in the UK along with the Fox / Filmation cartoon series of Fantastic Voyage.

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
UK equipment has been compatible for both 50hz and 60hz for around 25 years.
From what I hear its still common for 50hz playback to give US collectors problems.
Why does US equipment fail to match its Euro counterparts after all this time?

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
bluelaughaminute said:
UK equipment has been compatible for both 50hz and 60hz for around 25 years.
From what I hear its still common for 50hz playback to give US collectors problems.
Why does US equipment fail to match its Euro counterparts after all this time?
It might be the demand for U.S. movies is greater in Europe than vice versa. Not that many people here are enthusiasts to point where they'll import from Europe. I have a couple LG multi-region BD players that output 50Hz as 60Hz, so it's not too hard to get the gear if someone looks.

_william_

Grip
it's coming via Tunnel, but tjere is interference and they can't get a fix. Increase power, we know this place has no fuses.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Excellent news. I keep meaning to pick up the DVD volumes for oop fears. But now I don't have to worry about it.

Now, if they'll put Land of the giant in an affordable set I'll be very VERY happy. $60 tops.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
John Hermes said:
It might be the demand for U.S. movies is greater in Europe than vice versa. Not that many people here are enthusiasts to point where they'll import from Europe. I have a couple LG multi-region BD players that output 50Hz as 60Hz, so it's not too hard to get the gear if someone looks.
It might also be pressure from the US movie studios and/or the MPAA to discourage importing.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I would love to get Time Tunnel on blu-ray. I would hope it would be offered here in the States as the LIS is.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Time-T...5953&creativeASIN=B00C1EF6F2&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Says It will be released November 5, 2018.

From the Amazon.co.uk listing:
ALL 30 EPISODES PRESENTED IN THE ORIGINAL US BROADCAST ORDER NOW ON SPECTACULAR HIGH DEFINITION BLU-RAY

PRODUCED FROM HD DIGITAL RESTORATION MASTERS CREATED FROM THE ORIGINAL NEGATIVES TO ENSURE THE BEST VISUAL EXPERIENCE AVAILABLE

From the creative genius of Irwin Allen comes one of the most popular and original sci-fi shows of the 1960s, starring James Darren and Robert Colbert! The control of time is potentially the most valuable treasure that man will ever find. Or so believe the scientists of Project Tic Toc.

Located beneath the Arizona desert, the ten-year project s focus is the feasibility of time travel. But when the government reconsiders the project, the scientists have only 24 hours to prove their untested Time Tunnel will actually work. Determined to save the project, Dr. Tony Newman and Dr. Doug Phillips go through the tunnel and quickly find themselves catapulted from one historical event to another, barely escaping with their lives as their colleagues back in Arizona race to figure out a way to bring them back home.

Episodes: 01. Rendezvous With Yesterday 02. One Way To The Moon 03. End Of The World 04. The Day The Sky Fell In 05. The Last Patrol 06. Crack Of Doom 07. Revenge Of The Gods 08. Massacre 09. Devil s Island 10. Reign Of Terror 11. Secret Weapon 12. The Death Trap 13. The Alamo 14. Night Of The Long Knives 15. Invasion 16. The Revenge Of Robin Hood 17. Kill Two By Two 18. Visitors From Beyond The Stars 19. The Ghost Of Nero 20. The Walls Of Jericho 21. Idol Of Death 22. Billy The Kid 23. Pirates Of Deadman s Island 24. Chase Through Time 25. The Death Merchant 26. Attack Of The Barbarians 27. Merlin The Magician 28. The Kidnappers 29. Raiders From Outer Space 30. Town Of Terror

Special Features: Original Unaired Pilot Episode (HD Version) 2002 Unaired TV Pilot Time Travelers TV Movie Cast Interviews Irwin Allen s Behind-The-Scenes Home Movies UK Edit (No Audio) Promotional TV & Radio Spots Visual Effects Camera Test (No Audio) Stills Galleries

Tech Info: VIDEO*: 1080P HIGH DEFINITION 16x9 1:33 (WITH SIDE MATTING) / COLOUR AUDIO*: ORIGINAL MONO + NEW 5.1 / ENGLISH *FEATURE EPISODES ONLY

Available in November for the first time on Blu-ray anywhere in the world!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks