Complete Carson Tonight Shows coming to Antenna TV

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Sam, I remember a Tonight show where Reynolds spoke about always wanting a Fredric Remington painting. Was that the same interview? I don't remember when that was, but the end of the story was that a dealer contacted him with a Remington, and Reynolds immediately sent a check. He cleared a gigantic wall space for the painting, but when it arrived it turned out to be tiny!

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is anybody still watching these?

I checked out a bunch last year - basically set my DVR to record the series, and it'll kill episodes automatically if I don't watch them after a week unless I elect to save them. So I've been watching ones with guests I like for the most part.

Unfortunately, it seems that in 2017, they're just re-running their selections from 2016 in a slightly different order. Every time I've sat down to watch one this year, I've realized it was one I saw last year.

Given how many years Carson was on the air, I'm kinda surprised they're already repeating stuff. It was nice to see them once but I'm losing interest in keeping the show on my DVR given that they're doing so many repeats.

AndyMcKinney

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I've been watching (and keeping a list), and although most of the episodes they've been running since January are reruns, there are still some new ones getting sprinkled in occasionally. They all still have the 2016 copyright date on them, though. This weekend, there was a 1978 episodes that I didn't have on my list as being run last year, for instance, and tonight's 1991 episode with John Laroquette.

After tonight, though, the rest of the entire week is reruns.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

PilatesOne

Auditioning
Real Name
Michele
Jack, you think you can help me here, please?

A guy named Jason Cranmer is collecting Johnny Carson episodes. Some from Antenna TV, others from the original NBC run. He's not sure when the episode with Rosemary Clooney, George Segal and Richard Jenning aired. Maybe you can help? I think it might have aired on August 10, 1989, but I want to be sure, first.

If I find anymore unknown airdates, I'll ask you.

http://myhobbysite-sportsandgameshows.weebly.com/
Hello Vahan,

I've been searching for the August 10, 1989, show that featured Rosemary Clooney. Antenna TV has a list online of the shows from 1989, but they don't have this show or any shows from August. My mother loved Rosemary Clooney; she called me to make sure I watched the show that night. Rosemary was magnificent that night; I never forgot that performance. Every few months I do another search on the internets to check. Are you interested in this episode because you too want to see Miss Clooney?

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Hello Vahan,

I've been searching for the August 10, 1989, show that featured Rosemary Clooney. Antenna TV has a list online of the shows from 1989, but they don't have this show or any shows from August. My mother loved Rosemary Clooney; she called me to make sure I watched the show that night. Rosemary was magnificent that night; I never forgot that performance. Every few months I do another search on the internets to check. Are you interested in this episode because you too want to see Miss Clooney?
Just a clarification.

EricSchulz

Producer
Senior HTF Member
I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, but Amazon Prime has about a half dozen "seasons" called The Johnny Carson Show available for streaming! They run about an hour each and are edited (the opening credits are not original) and they are grouped into themes (Carnak, Joan Embry, 80's comedians) but they are SO fun to watch! I believe these are the Shout! releases...

Mysto

Screenwriter
Real Name
marv long
Speaking of dvd recorders it's a shame what happened to them in the USA. Ten years ago you had many brands making dvd recorders including Panasonic which made the best but now only Toshiba & Funai makes them and it's hard to buy a blu-ray recorder at a local store. I still have my Panasonics and still make recordings a few times a week and i do like having my own disc copy in my collection instead of having them all in a dvr.
DVD recorders are a thing of the past but there are several digital recorders that will record hdmi to thumb drive in HQ mp4. You can burn them from there for TV archival purposes.

• Insightful
Reactions: atcolomb

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birlaestates10