What's new

Complete beginner need AV receiver (1 Viewer)

Suchanoob

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Dumas
I'm looking for advice on which AV receiver to buy, below 500$ unless someone can convince me that it is worth it to spend more.
I know power can be important but I live in a very small appartment so I can probably get away with something lower.
I'd like to be able to connect my headphones and turntable to it and also have some hdmi connectors.
Would also like to control it with Alexa.
Also I have someone offering me a Marantz NR 1501 for 250$ should I take it?
Thanks in advance!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Marantz is good stuff, but the 1501 is an old model. $250 is actually high, so no, I'd pass.

You may have trouble getting everything you're looking for at under $500. A refurb of a recent model Denon is probably your best bet. Still, I'm fairly certain that headphone, phono pre-amp and Alexa might not be available in that price range. You might have to add an external photo pre-amp.

Suchanoob

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Dumas
Ok so I dont know if it makes a big difference but my current turntable has a built in preamp, im thinking of upgrading so I wanted one in the receiver but if it limits my options too much I can buy an external one later on.
Thanks for the site suggestion Mike, apparently they only deliver to the US and I live in Canada but I like the idea, if anyone has another one in mind i'd love to check it out.

Suchanoob

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Dumas
I should add that I don't need the receiver to support Alexa directly, it only needs to have bluetooth and be recent enough to be controlled by my Logitech Harmony remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks