What's new

Complete 7.1 Surround Sound System For $2,000 Or Less? (1 Viewer)

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for trying to help me, but I'm sure you noticed that this thread is very old. My HT has been complete since the day I received my PB2+ (in June I think) and I am enjoying it greatly. :D

I already came up with a method of mounting the S-38II's to the wall and I'll show and explain how I did it on my website when I get around to finishing it. I'll make another post here to let you know when that is. :)
This is a small list of what my HT mainly consists of:

57" Widescreen 57HX81 Toshiba RPTV
Toshiba SD4800 Progressive Scan DVD Player
Harman Kardon AVR-525 Audio/Video Receiver
Home Theater Master MX-500 Remote Control
One (1) JBL S-CENTERII Studio Series Speaker
Two (2) JBL S-312II Studio Series Speakers
Four (4) JBL S-38II Studio Series Speakers
SVS PB2-Plus Box Subwoofer

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
7 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170's and a Hsu VTF-2 would be about $1500 shipped. An HK AVR525 is about $600-$700 from Onecall.

That would be an incredible system for HT and music.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I like Klipsch speakers, but let your ear be the judge. If you go to an audio/video store they can usually help you within your price range and give you alot of full selections of brands and what kind of options you have. I would definantly try that.

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
You guys understand that I have already listened to several brands of speakers and decided on the JBL Studio series, do you not? I bought everything several months ago and my HT is completed (for the time being anyway).

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
What is it that everyone dislikes about dual centers?

I'm running two Polk RT7s as centers from my A-1 which has binding posts for two centers.

Thanks!

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks