What's new

Competitors to the Outlaw 1050 (1 Viewer)

Arvin_C

Agent
Hello.
I am very much sold on buying the Outlaw 1050 considering the rave reviews here, there and everywhere it seems to get and the fact that, for $499.00, it seems to be even more of a steal than when it first came out.
My only hang-up is that I am really clueless as to what else is out there at this price range, specifically from manufacturers like Denon, Onkyo, etc.
I have read that there are some operational issues with the 1050, such as the unit's surround sound mode selection. Are there any other issues to warrant a second thought? Or, more to the point, does any other manufacturer offer something as good for less, or better for the same or just a bit more money?
Any thoughts or opinions would be great! :D
Arvin

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
The Denon 2802 or the Onkyo 6xx something in this price range both have DPL11 which give them the advantage over the 1050 at this point. Other than that, the 1050 can't be beat for price/performance.

Russ

I think the 'clean' and 'clear' sound of Outlaw as it reproduces MUSIC (and thus ALSO film sound) is what puts it heads and shoulders on top.

And I'm not aware of any 'surround sound' problems - quite the opposite - its decoding in terms of channel 'definition' is superb and the 6th channel is real cool.

And the 'build' is in its own league! Get a look inside!!

News just in:

Stereophile Guide to Home Theater awarded their 2002 Editor's Choice Gold Award to the Outlaw 1050.

The category was "High End" components!!

J

John Morris

Hmmmm, as I wait for the 950, I am happy yet worried about the 1050 winning any award this late in the game. First, Johnny: Please point us to the link where you saw this award announced. I cannot find it?

Next, even if Johnny's announcement was a hoax, the 1050 is still a major value advancement. It was the common mans pre-eminent 6.1 choice for movies... and to most it still is.

PS. I just left a message for Barb D of SGHT. I guess we'll all know as of tomorrow. Good Luck Outlaw!!!

The Award was 'announced' on the Outlaw 1050 Saloon page:

"Soundog Deputy Gunslinger

posted November 29, 2001 10:19 PM

Stereophile Guide to Home Theater awarded their 2002 Editor's Choice Gold Award to the Outlaw 1050. They characterized it as a "High End" component. Which it is. "

Arvin_C

Agent
Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies and info. Was probably gonna' go with the 1050 anyway, but nice to see that even after a year or so after it's release, it's still very well reguarded.

Arvin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks