Compenent and Progressive scan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gui A, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

I've got a simple question. It's fairly easy, and I THINK I know the answer. But I just want to make sure...

Just because my TV (Sony KP-43T75) has component inputs, that doesn't necessarily mean it can handle a 480p signal, right?

What would happen if I give it a progressive signal? Blue screen?

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Component and 480p are independent of one another. So yes, even though your TV has component input, doesn't mean it can sync to 480p.

If you connect and your TV doesn't do 480p, you'll probably get noise and flicker-- and if your TV has a blue screen feature to cover static or unsync image- well you'll get a blue screen.

-V

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I'd definitly use component vs composite for the input for your tv cause I think the difference is immense. Colors are more brilliant and images are crisper.

4. Brad Craig

Brad Craig Stunt Coordinator

Okay let me get this straight...
    Lets say for example I have a video game system or dvd player that supports progressive... What I want to know is will I get the progressive picture on a progressive TV if I use a composite connection???
    What about if I use a s-video connection???
    Or do I have to have a component connection???
    If yes on the last question, then why in layman's terms???
    Whew!!! [​IMG]

5. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

It may depend on the player, but why mess around when Component is the ideal?

Panasonic DVD RP-56 (Manual p.6) Panny doesn't configure the player to use anything but component cables in progressive.