compatibility

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cire, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Cire

Cire Stunt Coordinator

good day all...
    i'll be setting up a 'mini' home theater and based on where i am now, my probable 'best' options are limited to the following:

For speakers: Energy Take 5.2 sub/sat system
    Polk Audio RM6200 / RM6600
    For a/v rcvr: Onkyo TX-DS696
    Onkyo TX-SR600
    Yamaha RX-V630RDS

My current inclination is towards the Energy's and the Onkyo 696... would these be compatible?

By the way, should i decide on to take either of the two other receivers, i'd be needing an additional rear center speaker.. will it be identical to the center channel speaker or with one of the satellites?

My current Cd player would be my dvd player but i am contemplating on using a NAD 541i CD player instead..

Any comment or suggestions will be of great help... thanks guys..

Cire

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Welcome to the forum!

I have not heard or read good things about Onkyo's rated wattage output on their receivers' amps. Usually way too optimistic for what you actually wind up getting.

Why not a Denon 2802 or 3802 depending on whether you can get them in your neck of the woods?

As for an inexpensive DVD player, I'd try a Panasonic DVD-RP82. It uses the Faroudja de-interlacer for progressive scan (whenever you have a display capable of 480p and higher), has no chroma bug, and includes DVD-Audio.

Dan

3. Cire

Cire Stunt Coordinator

thanks Dan.. anyway, i'll be scouting for the denon too..
    and by the way, i've got a dvd already, what i was thinking of was purchasing a NAD410i for a separate audio dc player.. thanks again..