compaq vs hp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miles Lucasso, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Miles Lucasso

Miles Lucasso Stunt Coordinator

looking to buy a new computer.

I know they are supposedly the same company now,
    but... if you were buying a computer with the same specs.

which would you choose:

compaq?

hp?

2. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Then the primary question comes down to customer service and warranty. HP/Compaq is still operating each brand independantly today. You might still get two different experiences with each company. But a year (or less) from now, the merging of operations should be complete and you should get the same level of service no matter what brand you own.

Gateway, Dell, HP, Compaq, and all the other major companies know that their selling point is their customer service so they all invest millions into constantly improving it.

Potato, Potahto. I feel that the level of difference is so minor that I would only choose based on sale price and specs.

But then again, I'm one of those who don't care if they drink Coke or Pepsi. To me, In and Out is just another burger joint. I know there are those of you out there that swear by your favorite brand and everyone else isn't even close.

3. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

BTW. I happen to work for HP in their customer service division if that means anything.

4. Rand

Rand Supporting Actor

I've done tech support for the "same" company for 19 years now. Of course I used to work for Digital, then I worked for Compaq, now I work for HP. The name on the building's entrance just keeps changing. [​IMG] I was giving advice on the pc's and decided that wouldn't be such a good idea. It could be frowned on. In any case, either will be good pc's. I have a Compaq at home.

5. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I'm not a computer expert, by any stretch of imagination, and am very subjective about the computers I use. Had an HP for a few years, now have 3 Dells (don't ask) as well as a Mac. There's no comparison between Dell and HP; the HP seemed like a toy.

6. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

In-N-Out just another burger joint????!!!!! Don't listen to Hunter, he's clearly insane. [​IMG]

We've had nothing but problems with both HP's we've owned. I'll never buy another one. Never owned or used a Compaq.

7. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Insane??? Am I? Or am I the only sane one here?[​IMG]

8. Miles Lucasso

Miles Lucasso Stunt Coordinator

Thanks all-

I went with the Compaq, smaller case, better monitor, and $50
    cheaper.

-miles